Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beginnings...

Hello and welcome. To be honest, I have always been reticent to begin a blog. This has nothing to do with me being shy or not wanting people to hear what I have to say. Anyone who knows me will realize how hilariously untrue that is. I am actually quite verbose when I feel the need.

My trepidation towards creating a blog were based mostly around the fear that it would make me appear that I need attention and want everyone to listen to me. But I have come to realize that many blogs are not so much about the people who read them but for the people who write them. That's right, screw you, audience!!!

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about that. I didn't mean it. Seriously, I only said that because, well, I'm afraid. Afraid no one would read a blog by a 20-something, scrawny, bespectacled white kid with no defining characteristics besides a last name that looks like a character from World of Warcraft. Are we cool? Sweet!

So, in regards to how I hope this blog turns out, I am planning on keeping things conversational (usually with myself) like you have no doubt already picked up. Topics can be anything (but not everything!) that I feel like, and will, like me, fluctuate dramatically between pure silliness to unadulteratedly sensible. I am open to feedback and insight to help make this experience more pleasant for you, the reader (SEE. I do care).

Some segments/installments to look out for:
  • My personal escapades through New York City!
  • My life as a teetotaler! (someone who does not drink alcohol) and thus the namesake of this blog
  • Cool history lessons! - This will usually revolve around odd anniversaries and holidays and the histories behind them
  • Current Events! - If something really gets me going, I'll sound off, but this is less likely
  • Nerd Culture! - As a fan of video games, comic books, and all things pop culture, look for insights into the hilarious world so many people take way too seriously
  • Fitness! - Get weekly tips on staying in shape and eating healthy
  • False Segments! - Including, but not limited to, the previous segment "Fitness!"
  • Reader's Choice! - When I'm too lazy to come up with something to write about, you just freaking tell me
That is all for now. I have a tendency to ramble, and one of the things I hope to take away from this blog is a bit more conciseness. Thanks for stopping by, and don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment